On Wednesday, November 6th H&M hosted a pre-shop event in Miami to celebrate the limited-edition Giambattista Valli x H&M collection before the worldwide launch on Thursday, November 7th.
Select members of the local Miami community, VIP’s and H&M loyalty members were invited to pre-shop the highly anticipated collection at H&M’s Lincoln Road store hosted by Jenny Lopez and Carolina Lindo. H&M. Guests enjoyed dance performances and customized new H&M pieces at an embroidery station all while listening to beats by DJ PeeWee.
The Giambattista Valli x H&M collection – including womenswear, and his first foray into menswear and accessories – will launch in select H&M stores worldwide, as well as on hm.com, November 7th, 2019.
Norwegian Cruise Lines has a new ship called the Norwegian Bliss and there are already more than 17,500 posts on Instagram. That’s because the ship has been on tour around the United States. Which states? New York, Miami, and Los Angeles. The ship was officially christened on May 30, 2018, at its summer home in Seattle, Washington. The 168,000-gross-ton ship with a capacity of 4,004 people houses programming that includes the Tony Award® -winning Broadway musical, Jersey Boys, The Cavern Club where you can sing along to your favorite songs from The Beatles live with a talented cover band, and ¡Havana! an original musical theater show created and produced specifically for the ship.
The ship offers more than a dozen specialty dining options. Le Bistro’s decadent atmosphere is the perfect date night spot. The ambiance in the French bistro is a great option for the first night on the ship. Ask to be seated near the window and catch the views, while the ship sets sail. Highlights at Le Bistro include foie gras, tuna tartare, and scallops on a bed of warm hummus. For dessert, try Le Bistro’s Chocolate Fondue for two that brings an array of fruit pieces to dunk into hot chocolate. Le Bistro is located on Deck 17.
At the Q, you can find ribs, chicken or brisket on the menu. The Texas cuisine restaurant also offers live contemporary pop country music each night. A hot item on the dessert menu is the fresh banana pudding served in a mason jar.
For Dessert, visit Coco’s located on deck 6. At Coco’s, you can satisfy your sweet tooth by indulging in an array of crepes, ice cream sundaes, and milkshakes dressed with whipped cream sprinkles, and hard candy.
BARS & LOUNGES
Take a sip around the world without leaving the ship. There are more than eight bars on board. You can take your A game to the A-List bar. The bar is named after CEO of Norwegian Cruise Line, Andy Stuart. Once there order the Piña Picasso cocktail made with tequila, Aperol, St. Germain, lemon juice, and garnished with a sliced of pineapple.
If you’re whiskey lover make sure to grab a seat at the Maltings Whiskey Bar. Here, you can choose from the cocktails on tap such as a Blackberry Bourbon Smash with Bulleit bourbon, cranberry, fresh lemon elixir, and blackberries or a Rye & Rum Sour with Jack Daniel’s Rye, Captain Morgan rum, blood orange puree, orange, lemon elixir, and whiskey barrel aged bitters.
The other bars include The District Brew House that offers craft beers, Mixx bar where you can listen to a live piano performance, Sugarcane Mojito Bar with freshly muddled cocktails, the Local offers a laid-back atmosphere with bowling alley action, The Cellars Wine Bar with daily wine seminars, the Cavern Club with a view to the ocean, and more.
ENTERTAINMENT & ACTIVITIES
The ship has plenty of options for entertainment and activities including a two-lane bowling alley, a large arcade room, and a room designed for younger ages. Three unique highlights on the ship are the Aqua Park, Laser Tag, and a two-level race track.
At the Aqua Park, you can race on 360 feet side-by-side inner tubes with a see-through section that showcases the striking ocean views. You can also use your racing skills to compete at the two-level electric-car racetrack. The track is the longest at sea with twists and turns at four-speed settings reaching up to 30 miles per hour. You can also test your agility at the open-air laser tag course. The laser tag space station can be visited during both day and night.
The ship returns to Miami this November to sail out for seven-day trips to the Eastern Caribbean. The ship visits St. Thomas, US Virgin Islands Tortola, British Virgin Islands Nassau, and Bahamas ports.
On October 5, 2017, chefs faced off at the New Times’ Iron Fork 2017 for a chance to win the Iron Fork Skillet. This year chef Santiago Gomez of Tacology, was announced winner of the competition. The cooking competition featured farm-to-table plate creations. The participating chefs’ “culinary expertise and passion is unmatched in Miami,” says Chef Allen Susser. Susser scouted the very best competitors to feature at the event.
Guests who attended were able to taste their way around participating restaurants such as 180 Degrees @ the DRB, Sushi Sake, JWB Prime Steak & Seafood, Brain Freeze Nitrogen Ice Cream, Grill Argentino, Philly Grub, Meat Market, Dashi, Tacology, Rosa Mexicano, The Rusty Pelican, Beaker & Gray, River Yacht Club and Glass & Vine.
If you didn’t get a chance attend Iron Fork, Miami New Times will be hosting upcoming events such: Tacolandia on November 18, 2017 at Soho Studios and Sips & Sweets on December 14, 2017 at Dezer Auto Museum.
1. ViXi Gelateria, 374 Miracle Mile, offers a modern space for gelato that’s made in house. Their array of flavors includes Nutella, Cookies & Cream, and Pistachio. Ingredients are made with low-fat milk, while other sorbet flavors feature berries, coconut and passion fruit are water based. Lactose intolerant individuals can indulge without the worries! And once you’ve been hooked, Vixi even offers take home pints. Score 20% off when you check in on the Yelp app.
2. CocoLimon, 126 Coral Way, gives you the freedom to create your own yogurt cup. First, select your choice between a waffle cone or a regular cup. You then proceed to choose your frozen yogurt from the levered machines. Once you’ve finished pondering which flavor of yogurt you want, it’s time to add toppings! Toppings at Cocolimon include tapioca pearls, crushed graham crackers, crushed Oreo cookies or sprinkles among others. Take an additional 20% off when you check in on the Yelp app.
3. BurgerFi, although known mostly for their burgers, this Coral Gables spot offers shakes, concretes, floats + cows and sundaes. The more than awesome pick here is the key lime flavored concrete in a cup. If you’re not into key lime flavor, there’s also red velvet and Oh My Chocolate. Burgerfi claims its “Better Than Ice Cream, Since Forever.” Share your pics with their hashtags: #FiOnTheFly #SoFli
Other Ice Cream Spots: Haagendazs, 286 Miracle Mile, Coral Gables, FL and Ben & Jerry’s, 80 Aragon Ave, Coral Gables, FL
Above500.org alongside Reshad Jones, Safety for the Miami Dolphins, hosted a celebrity charity event on July 25, 2015 at Claude Pepper Park in North Miami. Reshad was joined by teammates such as Jarvis Landry, Anthony Johnson, Ja’Wuan James, Walt Aikens, Bobby McCain, Brent Grimes and others to raise money for local charities. Above .500 is a non-profit organization whose mission is to enhance awareness, educate and “to encourage young people of all ages to live positive lives, never give up, and follow their dreams and we use sports to do that,” says the founder and Executive Director, Brawley Sanchez. Guests in attendance were able to enjoy beats by 103.5 The Beat, complimentary energy drinks by Neuro, Miami Dolphins giveaways as well as a chance to score some autographs and mingle time with the NFL players.
Tucked away below the Fontainebleau Miami Beach is such a thing called “BleauFish,” also known as “water world.” The idea behind BleauFish is to provide consumers that frequent the nine Fontainebleau restaurants with fresh fish by utilizing their ocean to table live catch program. The hotel hosts about six tanks with variety of fish including lobsters and crabs.
The concept behind the program is to keep the fish stress-free, which allows them to be tastier at consumption. The spiny lobsters are kept at a cool temperature of 70 degrees because that’s what they like according to Executive Chef Thomas Connell. These 300-gallon tanks are quite the delight to see and not everyone gets to request a tour. They save the experience for VIPs or Event Coordinators who will be booking the ballrooms for large-scale events.
When choosing one of the nine restaurants within the Fontainebleau, StripSteak is the way to go. The staff pays close attention to detail, which makes you want to come back for more.
• YELLOWTAIL SASHIMI, if you’re into raw fish… select this dish. Neatly made with shaved cucumber, fresno chili, shiso and uni. $22.00
• A must have is the DUCK & RICOTTA CAVATELLI, a combination of mushrooms, fava beans, ricotta salata and pea tendrils. $22.00
• DRY-AGED KC STRIP 16 OZ, these meats are aged to perfection and will cost you a cool. $46.00
• AUSTRALIAN TOMAHAWK 50 OZ, can be easily shared but its not always a good option to share as this option is the most flavorful meat you’ll ever taste. $150.00
• Although known for their meats, Stripsteak can make a hell of a black truffle MAC AND CHEESE. $12.00
• DUCK FAT TRUFFLE FRIES, plated with herbs and Parmesan. $12.00
• Definitely get a taste of the KEY LIME PIE. Key West, Florida is usually known for their pie. Well, Key West you just found your match. $12.00
• HAND CRAFTED CHOCOLATE DOUGHNUTS, ganache filling with chicory anglaise. $13.00
On your way out, see the host and stamp your valet ticket for a discounted rate.
April 23 through May 2 Miami, Florida witnessed Oculto Manor at Soho Studios, an enormous fun house with more ten rooms of elaborated décor and entertainment. Walking in, guests entered a room with event staff passing out welcome Oculto beers. After the welcome room, additional event staff dressed as hotel bell people escorted guests and lead into a dark narrow hallway, where shelves were filled with white masks. The staff was ready to entertain with their scripted speeches about how the night would unravel and urged the guests to put on their masks. Guests were quickly escorted into next room where the fun began. Pillow fights; jail scene, house party, wedding chapel, bathhouse and a pool party were all themed rooms at Soho Studios. The last room as much larger space for what seem to be the grand finale, a ballroom spaced area with live DJ, bartenders and forest like décor. To check out more images from Oculto Manor on their instagram: https://instagram.com/oculto_us/