Cochon555 Heritage BBQ is this Sunday, March 26 at the Ritz-Carlton South Beach starting at 4 p.m. for VIP entry and 5 p.m. for General Admission. The event showcases 5 chefs, 5 pigs and 5 winemakers in a friendly competition for a cause in the name of safe, honest, delicious food. The winemakers, distillers, barkeeps and chefs include dozens of the city’s biggest hospitality talents that will be cooking or creating drinks. A portion of all proceeds will go to Cochon555’s sister charity, Piggy Bank.
Cochon555 will also feature a culinary competition to promote local family farming and global grilling traditions. The task: Chefs are allocated one week to prepare a 200-pound heritage breed pig. Each chef will then present six dishes that will be scored based on utilization, global influences, cooking techniques and overall flavor. A panel of 20 notable judges will select a winner and be crowned the “BBQ Prince/Princess” of Miami.
- Tickets for general admission start at $125
- VIP tickets include an early admission + exclusive sommelier and cocktail competition tastings. Priced at $200
- BESPOKE tickets include a multi-course charity dinner prepared by 3 celebrity chefs on Saturday night, super early admission + exclusive private tasting and tour of Somm-Selected wines and the Barkeep competition by a Cochon555 director on Sunday as well as a donation to Piggy Bank charity. Priced at $400
To purchase tickets, visit http://www.cochon555.com/2017-tour/miami
Chefs are competing for the title of “BBQ Prince/Princess” of Miami. Who do you think will win? Comment on our Instagram: @miamicrowd
The Competing Chefs are:
- Chef Clark Bowen and Chef Rick Mace of db Bistro Moderne & Café Boulud Palm Beach – Contemporary French
- Chef Tito Vargas of The Bazaar by José Andrés – Modern Spanish with a Twist
- Chef Paula DaSilva of Artisan Beach House – Bold New American Cooking
- Chef Jeremiah Bullfrog of gastroPod – Elevated Global Street Foods
- Chef John Gallo and Rene Reyes of Pinch Kitchen – Freestyle American Cuisine
You can purchase your tickets by clicking this link or you can #WIN your way in! You must 21 years of age or older to enter and reside in South Florida. Winner will be selected by a random drawing. Miami Crowd reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the contest at any time.
How to enter for a chance to win a pair of VIP tickets to attend ($200 value):
- Chefs are competing for the title of “BBQ Prince/Princess” of Miami. Who do you think will win? (Chef list above)
- Return to our Instagram post and comment with what chef you think will win!
- Tag a friend!
That’s it! Contest will be closed this Thursday, March 23, 2017 at midnight EST. Winner will be contacted via DM with further instructions on how to claim their prize! Good Luck!